Save 5% (orders over $99) - Use code Bulk5 at checkout
Save 10% (orders over $249) - Use code Bulk10 at checkout
Save 16% (orders over $749) - Use code Bulk16 at checkout
All orders are sent using Canada Post Flat Rate Shipping. Same price no matter how large or small the order. Order anytime and plant in spring, summer or fall! Seeds will store for at least 1 to 2 years.
Remember that ¼ to ⅓ of your growing area should be planted to green manure cover crops every year. This ensures your soil stays healthy and productive over time.
White Clover is a nitrogen-fixing legume commonly grown in lawns, gardens, pastures and deer plots. The low-growing plants can withstand foot traffic as well as mowing or grazing.
White clover grows well in all soils, including both sand and clay. It tolerates full sun and shade. Once established, plants spread by above-ground stems or stolons that help fill bare spots without additional seeding.
A healthy stand of White Clover can fix between 70 and 120lbs of nitrogen per acre (1.5 - 3lbs/1000 sq. ft) and scavenges other nutrients adding fertility to the soil. It also provides habitat for pollinators and beneficial insects. Its biomass breaks down easily when mowed or tilled, producing readily available organic matter.
It can be planted into bare soil or overseeded into existing vegetation such as grass turf. If planting into an existing cover, vegetation should be cut short and the ground scarified before seeding to help with germination.
Grows as a perennial in Zone 3 or warmer. It can be planted in spring or fall, however, young plants require at least 6 weeks of growing season before freezing temperatures if planted in fall. The plants are hardy and can be mowed when needed.
250g covers approximately 1000 sq. ft
1 kg covers approximately 4000 sq. ft
- Latin Name: Trifolium repens
- Hardiness: Perennial in zone 3 or warmer
- Growth Rate: Slow to establish. Fast once established
- Germination: 21 days
- Planting Dates: Feb 15-Jun 1 or Aug 15-Oct 15
- Seeding Rate: 250g-500g per 1000 sq. ft (11kg-22kg per acre)
- Max Planting Depth: 0.25” deep or broadcast and tamp to 0.25” deep
- Growth Habit: Low-growing ground cover. Typically 3-6" tall. Spreads by above-ground stems or stolons.
- Benefits: Adds nitrogen to the soil, roots loosen ground to improve tilth & drainage, breaks down quickly when mowed, feeds pollinators
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Usual Seed Life: 3-5 years
Cover Crop Management: Mow when needed
Highest Quality Standards
Our cover crop seed comes from high-quality stock and is tested for germination. We've selected the best varieties available in order to maximize each species potential.