Save 5% (orders over $99) - Use code Bulk5 at checkout
Save 10% (orders over $249) - Use code Bulk10 at checkout
Save 16% (orders over $749) - Use code Bulk16 at checkout
We offer Flat-Rate Shipping. Same price no matter the order size.
Cover crops can be planted in spring, summer or fall! Remember that ¼ to ⅓ of your growing area should be planted to green manure cover crops every year. This ensures your soil stays healthy and productive.
Seeds will store for at least 1 to 2 years.
The #1 choice for gardeners and small growers wanting to provide pollinator habitat while improving soil health!
A complimentary mix of annuals that attract bees and support beneficial insect populations. The diversity of species allows for a continuous supply of blooming flowers that provide food and habitat for pollinators over most of the growing season.
Pollinator Mix is also an amazing green manure that will add large amounts of nitrogen, loosen compacted soils, improve soil structure and add organic matter when tilled. Establishes quickly, providing soil cover and protection, which helps prevent erosion.
Will grow for one season and can be mowed or tilled as a green manure in late fall or spring.
Mix includes (see pictures): Crimson Clover, Siberian Millet, Sunflower, Phacelia, Persian Clover, Berseem Clover, Radish Doublemax, Teff Grass, Purple Top Turnip
250g covers approximately 1000 sq. ft
1 kg covers approximately 4000 sq. ft
FOR PLANTING PURPOSES ONLY. Seed should not be used as food or feed.
Can be used with EcoTea Seed Inoculant for increased nutrient efficiency, improved root development and higher disease resistance.
- Hardiness: Annuals
- Growth Rate: Medium, Fast
- Germination: 5-14 days depending on species
- Planting Dates: May 1 - June 30
- Seeding Rate: 250g per 1000 sq. ft (10kg per acre)
- Max Planting Depth: 0.25” - 0.5” or broadcast and tamp to 0.25” deep
- Growth Habit: Mix of upright and spreading plants that produce an abundance of flowers.
- Benefits: Pollinator food, habitat for beneficial insects, adds organic matter, improves soil structure, adds nutrients including nitrogen
- Sun Exposure: Part Shade to Full Sun
- Usual Seed Life: 2-3 years
- Cover Crop Management: Allow to grow all season. Can be mowed or tilled in late fall or early spring.
Highest Quality Standards
Our cover crop seed comes from high-quality stock and is tested for germination. We've selected the best varieties available to maximize each species' potential.